General Career Advice
Applies to all careers.
Engineering Career Advice
Applies to engineering careers.
- Don’t Call Yourself A Programmer, And Other Career Advice: “If there was one course I could add to every engineering education, it wouldn’t involve compilers or gates or time complexity. It would be Realities Of Your Industry 101, because we don’t teach them and this results in lots of unnecessary pain and suffering. This post aspires to be README.txt for your career as a young engineer.”
- How To Be A Programmer: “To be a good programmer is difficult and noble. The hardest part of making real a collective vision of a software project is dealing with one’s coworkers and customers. Writing computer programs is important and takes great intelligence and skill. But it is really child’s play compared to everything else that a good programmer must do to make a software system that succeeds for both the customer and myriad colleagues for whom she is partially responsible.”
- Professional Programming: A collection of full-stack resources for programmers.
- Awesome: Interview Questions
- Interview Questions for Front-End Developers
- A Self-Learning, Modern Computer Science Curriculum